Saturday, January 17, 2009

Waiting...

So, I had my interview this morning. Now it's all a waiting game. The interview ended up being with the daughter of the woman I've been talking to. She said that her grandmother (her mom's mom) had died, and that's why she was doing the interview. That was fine, I sat in a room and filled out an application that I think I bombed a little on. I couldn't think of just the right word I wanted to use for two of the questions they asked ("How do these qualities affect working with children" and "What is your personal philosophy in regards to a child care center") so I don't think I got the point across that I was trying to and I don't think it quite made sense, but nothing I can do about it now. The daughter (who also works there) was very nice and seemed genuinely interested in what I had to say. It sounded like I got the job with some of the things she said. I asked when I could expect a call and she said probably today. I'm hoping it's really soon since I'm leaving in an hour to babysit.

I'm getting a Clip it Up! Thanks to Samantha at The Everyday Scrapper. She was selling hers (the bottom tier) so I bought it from her, and then I'm going to be on the hunt for the upper tier once I hang up as much on the bottom as I can. I really need to get some better storage/organization going on. See, my crafting space isn't in a separate room. It's in my bedroom. So I can't let it take over everything (although I would love to), since I have to be able to sleep and get ready for work in there. Not to mention store all my 500 school textbooks and other teaching materials. Plus my dogs sleep in their crates when we're all asleep or when we're all at work, and their crates are in there too. A picture would better show you what I mean, but my room is a mess right now, so we're not going to go there. I think I just need to get rid of my dresser since I really only use one drawer anyway, but then where would I put my TV and DVD player? I need a smaller bed too. I know, I know, it's not that often that you hear someone say that, but I have a full size bed, and a small room. I'm starting to think I need to turn my bed diagonally. Okay now I'm just rambling.

I wish I could make that (organizing) my project for me tomorrow, but my goal is to finish literally ALL of my classwork for my infant/toddler class, except two projects. Then I have all of this coming week to finish those two projects and take the final exam. Then I'll be done with this class. Of course, it'll be just in time to start up the next semester at school. It's going to be so busy next semester too. This is what my schedule will look like starting in February.

6:30 - wake up, let the dogs out, get ready for work
7:30- work
12:30 or 1:30 - hour break, come home, let the dogs out, eat lunch
1:30 or 2:30 - back to work
4:30 - off work, home for like 30 minutes.
5:00 - driving to school
5:45 - Class
8:45 - Out of class, driving home
9:15 - Finally home, doing homework, eating dinner, etc
10:30 - Sleep.

And that's if I want just 8 hours of sleep each night! Can you tell I'm wishing it would stay January for a little bit longer?!

Well, I have to go get ready and get some caffeine in me to prepare for a night with a 1 year old and a 4 year old! I'll update when I know if I have the job, which will hopefully be really soon.

No comments: