Tuesday, January 6, 2009

New years resolutions

Well, it's not exactly the first of January, so I suppose I'm making these resolutions a little later than most...but hey, better late than never right? Anyway...I'm hoping to make this year a big one for me. I'm going to try to do things a little better than I did in 2008.

1. I'm going to lose weight. I'm not going to put a number on it, I just want to look better in my clothes. I don't care if it's 5 pounds or 10..just enough to make me feel comfortable in them and not be so worried about things popping or peeking out that shouldn't be.

2. I'm going to do better in school. It seems like every semester my grades drop a little bit more. I need to get my GPA up to where it was when I first started. I want to do better in my classes. I want to be able to remember what I learned, not try to cram it all in a minute before the test starts.

3. I'm going to save money. It's like I don't even know where it goes. I mean obviously a good chunk every month goes to my car payment, insurance, etc. But it seems like a lot just vanishes. I'm thinking part of it is I don't realize that a ton goes to food. Not that I eat every 5 seconds or anything. I eat the standard 3 meals a day..but instead of making my own food, I eat out. Which gets costly when it's all the time. Anyway, I need to be conscious of where it goes and start making small changes to save more than I spend.

With the boy (and yes, I'm going to continue to call him that throughout the life of this blog) going away for 7 or so months, I figure I'll work my booty off in school since I'll have more free time..I hate to say it...don't get me wrong I absolutely do not want him to go, I wish he didn't have to, but while he's gone it gives me some extra time to focus on things for myself. I don't have to worry about not getting my homework done because he'll be here. Of course he wants me to do well, but when he's home I just want to spend time with him and homework can slip my mind. The spending money thing won't change with him gone, since I don't spend any more money when I'm with him than I do when he's not here. I think I'm trying to think positively of him leaving now, but I know it's gonna hurt when he goes. All the songs I listen to will suddenly become more sad than they seemed before, random things on TV will upset me, couples holding hand will hurt my heart. When he was gone for a year, boy did songs get to me. Far Away by Nickelback, When You're Gone by Avril Lavigne, and Home by Daughtry to name a few. I don't think there was a time when I heard Far Away that tears didn't come to my eyes. Now I hear it and I'm okay but I'm sure those songs or others like them will get to me while he's gone.

Alright enough about that, it's making me sad just thinking about it! I gotta get going. I'm exhausted. It doesn't sound like I did a lot today (work, home for break, back to work, the teaching store, home, grocery store, home) but I feel like I did. The boy is sick with something, and I'm pretty sure he gave it to me. While I was there he was saying he didn't feel well and his body was hurting and sure enough the day after I got home mine started to. So far that's all it is, and I have a healthy breakfast and lunch as well as a Vitamin C waiting for me in the fridge so I can eat it tomorrow. Hopefully that will help fight it off before it gets to be more than just a body ache.

No comments: