Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Storage Solution Number 1

So, I had to run out to renew my drivers license today. Yes, in the snow and slush...oh and while I was cleaning off my car, someone drove past me and splashed me with the now black (from dirt on the street) slush. It was a great start to my day. But then...

I decided to make my day a little better and went to Michaels (plus I had a 40% off coupon from a previous purchase that I needed to use before I go see the boy tomorrow) and bought two of cropper hopper vertical storage value packs. I knew it was going to make a difference, but I didn't know it was going to make that much of one.

Here's the before (note that both sets of drawers are full with patterned paper - either in packs or single sheets):

Here's the after:

Here's what they look like next to one of the storage drawers that were full (I had two):



I was able to clear off the top of the hutch of my desk too that had another drawer set that was full of other random things too. So the cropper hopper stuff is up there now, I'm getting another two from a lady on split coast stampers who is kind enough to sell them, some clear stamps, and some heat and stick powder as well. I've been wanting the heat and stick powder forever, and even though I'm a demonstrator, I just couldn't see making an entire order just for that! I figure once I get my tax money back I'll buy some of the stuff out of the new catalog, and if the heat and stick powder works well, and I use it a lot, I'll buy some more of that too!

I'm still waiting for the clip it up to get here. I'm so excited it feels like it's taking forever even though I know it's not. I made room for that up on the hutch of my desk as well. The mess that's under the before picture up there is my attempt at organizing my alphas, stickers, rub ons, etc so that things are a little easier for when I get my clip it up.

My next big project (other than getting the other cropper hoppers organized and putting my stuff on the clip it up) is new ribbon storage. Right now I have a rolling drawer cart that holds a lot of adhesive, random tools, etc and my ribbon. I never end up using it because it's a big pain in the butt to search for it since it's all just piled up. I'm looking for something to buy or make that holds a lot, isn't wall mounted, and is small to medium sized. Preferably something I can stick under my desk.

I start school on Monday, and also go to do paperwork and such at my new job. Then Tuesday I actually start. I'll be busy busy once school starts, but I'm hoping that first weekend I'll be able to knock out some of these projects and then instead of spending the very little free time I'll have organizing, I'll be able to spend time crafting! Sounds good right?

Tomorrow I'm going to visit the boy (hopefully the weather will let up a little bit so that I can get there safely and quickly). I'll be taking my lap top since he'll be at work all day on Thursday and I need something to occupy me, but I probably won't be on much other than that. So I wouldn't expect another post until Sunday or Monday!

Well, I'm off to start laundry I should have started about oh....3 hours ago!

No comments: