Monday, January 12, 2009

New Job?

Well, as you can see from the title of this post, things may change soon. Things at work have been going okay, but they could be better. We aren't supposed to discuss our pay, and this is probably why, but I found out that people were being hired with absolutely no experience and/or certificates and making the same amount that I do. I have all but one certificate, and I'm going to a class to get that right now. I wouldn't be getting a raise until March, and it would probably be like 30 cents, which is what everyone has been getting recently. So after some other drama that happened, I realized that I needed to make a change. I really need to get away from that daycare for reasons I won't discuss just yet. I looked on craigslist and replied to a bunch of ads for people looking for daycare employees. There's some sort of clever little saying that basically means don't get ahead of yourself, but I can't think of it right now. So I'll say what I'm hoping will happen.

One of the ads I inquired about sounds pretty promising. They'd start me out and at least a dollar more, probably even 2 dollars more than I make now. The place I work at now is 20 minutes away (with traffic), this place is probably 5 -10 (At absolute most) minutes away from me with traffic. So I'd be spending less on gas, plus making more money. The woman I've been speaking with is one of the two owners. One of them is always on site, so I don't have to worry about getting everything "ready" for the owner to come visit, since one is always there. The woman also seems to be in it for the children, as opposed to most, or should I say, a lot of owners who are more about profit. She already seems genuinly interested in my life and what I want out of this job. There are a bunch of other good points but I'll spare you the detail. Basically, I'm waiting for her to respond (by email) with a good day for an interview and we'll go from there. I'm not trying to sound too...oh whats the word... optimistic maybe? But it looks pretty good so far. We'll see after the interview.

Well, in case she wants to interview me tomorrow (she said we could do a quick interview and tour of the center in the morning - like 7:30am - sometime this week) I need to get my resume and certificates together and in order. Wish me luck! I'll update when I find out more.


PS- I promise, I will (hopefully soon) put up some craft related stuff!

No comments: