Tuesday, January 20, 2009

And the call came.

I got the call last night...I GOT THE JOB! I'm so excited. The girl seems like such a sweetheart (I hope I'm not going to eat these words, but I don't think I will). I gave my "2 weeks notice" today. I put that in quotes because it's not going to be two weeks. My last day is next Thursday (the 29th). I feel bad, but I needed to do something for me. School starts the Monday after that, so this is the last time I'll be able to go and see the boy for longer than like 2 days. With him getting deployed and training about 75% of the time, I'm trying to see him as much as possible. My boss is less than thrilled and her and the district manager kept trying to get me to stay, but it's not going to happen. Sorry, but it's time I do something for myself. More pay, less gas, more time at home vs less pay, more gas, less time at home... hmmm which to take? It was an easy choice for me.

Anyway, I have a review lined up, pictures ready to go, I just need to get some other stuff done first. I have to type up the progress reports for my kids at work, not to mention laundry, etc. I finished every module and every assignment for school except for the 4 projects. I'm determined to do at least half of a project a night until the weekend, which will be used to finish them all. I'm going to try and get one observation done tomorrow night, and then another one on Thursday and then I'll leave the other two for Friday and the weekend. It's going to be a busy few days. Tomorrow, I go to work until 5:30, rush to school to take my final exam at 6, then rush back for a parent-teacher conference for one of my kids. The other two are Thursday. I really want to tell my parents then that I'm leaving, but apparently I'm "not allowed to" until management writes some sort of stupid letter. I'm half tempted to do it anyway. I mean they've screwed me over too many times to count and I've dealt with it without saying anything, so why can't I do it to them?!? Except I don't think I'd even be screwing them over. I don't know yet. I probably won't do it, but who knows. It might slip out if the parents say something about the future.

No comments: