Monday, May 25, 2009

Missing him.

Okay, first things first. I just have to put this out there to make me feel better. Maybe it's just me, but I just don't understand why people say "Happy Memorial Day". It's not like it's a happy day. It's to remember the fallen soldiers and marines. It's not like "Happy birthday!" or "Happy Halloween" or something. It's a somewhat sad day. You're remembering people that died fighting for freedom. Yes, you could be celebrating their life...but it just irks me that there are a lot of people out there who don't remember the reason for today. And just think of it as a day off of work, a day to go to a cookout, an extension of the weekend and another night to drink. I guess being the granddaughter of someone in the navy, a grand-niece of someone in the army and then coast guard, the grand-niece of someone else in the army, and girlfriend of someone in the marines...it just affects me a little more. So please, if you read this today, just remember the real reason behind Memorial Day.

But moving on. I've been missing the boy a lot. I mean, in general I've been missing him, but yesterday was just a big reminder of him being gone. I went to my best friend's graduation party yesterday and there were a bunch of couples there. Not that they were all over each other or anything, but you could tell. I ended up drinking more than I should have (not to the point that I was completely messed up) and I really missed him taking care of me. I had friends there obviously, but none of them were taking care of me, which I completely understand, it's not like that's their job or anything, but it made me miss him so much, because he would have been taking care of me. Little things like that just tug at my heart and make me practically miserable for the rest of the day. But we're one more day closer now to him coming home. One more day closer to the happiest day ever. One more day closer to being in his arms again. That's one thing I miss probably more than anything. You know, that amazing feeling where you just feel so unbelievably comfortable, warm, and safe. You feel like everything you need is right there..you could stay like that forever and be completely and 100% content. Okay, now I've got my eyes welling up, it's time to go. I have to go get ready anyway.

No comments: