Saturday, February 7, 2009

I'm still alive

I swear I haven't dropped off the face of the earth. I've just been so busy lately. It felt like (and was basically true) that I was only home this past week to eat and sleep. I'd come home for my break from work and let the dogs out and eat my lunch. Then it was back to work. Then home for a snack and then off to school. When I came home from school it was dinner time, and then I was so exhausted I went up to bed.

Last night, I was knocked out at like 9:30! On a friday night! I woke up long enough to get off the sofa, let the dogs outside and back in, and go up to bed. I didn't wake up until 8:30 this morning. I felt like I should have gone back to bed too, but figured if I did I wouldn't wake up until noon and I didn't want to sleep that long.

Since I'm so tired each night, the last thing I want to do is homework. Which means that's all left to do on the weekend. It's only the first week and I have a ton to do tomorrow. Here it is, barely 10:30 and I feel like I'm up way past my bedtime. Can you believe this? 21 years old and wanting to be in bed before 10:30 each night? Hopefully my body will adjust soon and I'll get on a good schedule and won't feel so zapped of energy all the time.

The good news is that I love my job. I love my coworkers, although I see some talking behind backs, but it's nothing I haven't dealt with before and to a much larger extent. The kids are all really good. I just need to learn their schedules. I'm doing it, it's just hard to learn all 9 at once. I think I'm going to really study their schedules on Monday.

My classes this semester are going to kick my butt. Theirs no doubt about that one. There's going to be lots of projects and papers, not to mention the regular chapter readings. One of my classes is going to have guest speakers and a field trip to the NICU. I think this would be an amazing class if the teacher wasn't so ... what's the word I'm looking for? Not boring just... blah. Nothing special I guess.

In paper craft related news, I got a little bit of organizing done today. I added everything to my clip up. I had just enough space and just enough clips. I want the upper tier, but then it won't fit on my desk hutch. I have to move some other things around as well. I got my other two cropper hoppers yesterday so I'm going to have to put them on the hutch as well. This means 4 cropper hoppers, my clip it up, plus my stampin up ink caddy all up there. So my watercolor crayons, trio punch with tin, and random other things that are up there need to find a new home. Not sure where I'm going to put them yet.

I spent entirely too much money recently. I need to cut back on that, but I'm hoping with this spent I'll be set for a while. It was just bills, plus my virus protection software subscription, and I caved and ordered some things from Papertrey Ink. BUT! Most of the things from PTI are going to save me money. I'm thinking way in advance. I'm talking 10 months in advance. I decided to make recipe boxes for my extended family instead of buying things for them. I bought PTI's Recipe Box stamp set. Plus one of their egg boxes so that I could get a feel for what I'm doing. I got an order of their recipe cards as well. The stamps I'll use to make my own recipe box too, which is something I've wanted to do for a while, so I would have bought them anyway. So total cost for probably 12 presents for christmas? $48 dollars. I'll probably end up buying another stamp set anyway, so I'll get the boxes at that point and qualify for free shipping. So each present is only going to cost me $4 since I'll be using paper or paint I already have to cover the box.

Well, now that this post is entirely too long, I need to get off to bed so I don't get too far off my schedule and sleep too far in tomorrow. Then I'll start the torture of getting used to a new schedule all over on Monday morning and that's not something I want to do!

No comments: