Sunday, December 28, 2008

Where to start...

Wow, I feel like the last month of my life was just one huge blur. I was so busy with school, work, my birthday, Christmas, family, and friends that I feel like I never got time to just breathe. Work has been kicking my butt, so was school. Of course when I finally feel like I have some free time, I have another class starting up in a week. It's one of those "condensed" classes. You know, the ones that are supposed to be a normal semester's worth of work, or three months worth of work, but they cram it all into one? Yeah...that kind. I ordered my textbook off of amazon...and I'm hoping it gets here ASAP. The professor let us into the course early (it's online) so I did some things that I can do without the book, but according to Amazon, it could get here by the start of the class or as late as the last day of the class. I'm really hoping for it to be here by Monday (the 5th) at the latest!

Christmas was exhausting. The boy came home from North Carolina (he's in the Marines and is stationed there) on Christmas Eve. I had to work that day and directly from work, still in my work clothes (I work with Infants...so my clothes are never a pretty sight at the end of the day) I went to his house for dinner, and for the rest of that night and all day Christmas we were just shuttling back and forth between relatives houses. It was like as soon as we got comfortable at one place, we had to leave to go to the next. Talk about exhausting! He left early this morning, which of course makes me sad, but the good thing is I'm leaving on Wednesday to make the dreaded 6 hour drive down to NC to visit him until Sunday. So it's not like I'm going that long without seeing him. I'm trying to cram in as much time with him as possible right now. He'll be training for most of January, February, and March and then gets deployed for 7 or so months shortly after. The way I figure though, I've already been through a year long deployment. 7 months should be easy compared to that.

With everything going on I've been trying to find time to fit in some scrapbooking/paper craft stuff. Like I said before though, I've barely had time to sit down and breathe, let alone sit and scrap. I was able to crank out some extra large sour cream containers for relatives gifts, but beyond that not much has been done. I think I'm going to make a goal of scrapping the backlog of my two dogs pictures that I have. I'm making them their own album, so I won't be done theirs for quite some time. I just want to finish scrapping the 9000 pictures I've already developed over the past two years of their life. So far I've got 3 pages done. I'm really hoping that this next semester (full semester, not this one class) is a little less work than the last. If anything, I'm worried it will be worse! I'll be working from 7:45 until 4:45 and then at school from 5:45 until 8:45 every day! Well, I'm off to finish some laundry (another thing that I've been slacking on...good thing I have a ton of clothes!) and then go to bed. Work tomorrow and Tuesday and then a mini vacation!

PS - You have to check out Samantha's blog at theeverydayscrapper.com. She has great ideas for organizing and scrapping. She also has a channel on youtube. Definatly one of my new favorites. I just found her page tonight!

No comments: